Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome


It is amazing to think about the way in which we interact with each other and how much it has changed over the last century.  One hundred years ago, my great grandmother was finally able to get in touch with her friends and family with this amazing wooden box.  She lived in rural Oregon and although most of the family did also, she could finally speak to them without having to leave her house.  She had a phone long before she ever had indoor plumbing.  Today we take all of this for granted.  I can get in touch with all of you simply by pushing the buttons on my phone.  The phone takes the pictures and uploads them where I want them to go.  Words no longer need to be transmitted over a wire, they seem to magically appear on our screen.  And best of all I am able to keep in touch with all of you, sharing the simple things in life that my great grandmother took for granted and which we all wish we could have a little piece of once again.